As part of the Department of Pediatrics at Boston Medical Center, CATCH provides support and care to children, adolescents, and young adults who identify as transgender, gender non-conforming, or are gender exploring and looking for additional support. First time patients can expect their initial visit to last between 60-90 minutes. During this visit, medical history, gender history, and patient and family goals will be reviewed, followed by a discussion around gender affirming care options offered at the clinic. Individual treatment plans are created based on individual patient and family goals. Additionally, all first time patients will undergo a complete psychological assessment.
CATCH aims to see new patients within 4-6 weeks. To schedule an appointment, please call 617.414.4841.
Offered services include:
- Education around gender identify and development
- Individual and family therapeutic support
- Access to hormone blockers, including injection and implant available onsite
- Gender-affirming medication therapy, including hormones (estrogen and testosterone)
- Transition to adult care and other services through the Center for Transgender Medication and Surgery (factoring in where the patient is in terms of medication and process, pubertal status, and age.)